Weldon Children’s Services is a not for profit organisation with an impressive history providing OOSH and Early Years Learning programs to children and families across Inner West Sydney. The organisation is experiencing a period of growth as we take on new services and reconfigure existing service delivery locations. This is an exciting time for Weldon and a great opportunity to join a team that is passionate and enthusiastic about creating environments for all children where friendships flourish and that encourage exploration and learning. Building meaningful relationships is key to what we do. Our ethos is to work with families, local schools and other groups to build a great sense of community and belonging.
Our program assistant directors are responsible persons and provide educational leadership. The successful candidate will be supported by a quality-focused coordination and management team and be responsible for supporting the day to day operations and the educational leadership of a licenced combined OOSH and ECS program in Concord West.
As the ideal candidate in addition to your proven experience within a children’s services program, you will have leadership and mentoring skills and the ability to build relationships with families and key stakeholders. Your sound knowledge of the NQF and understanding of the NQS and the Early Years and Middle Years Learning Frameworks will compliment and support the design and implementation of stimulating and engaging learning and leisure programs.
As the successful candidate you will be well presented, enjoy working as a collaborative team member and bring a high level of enthusiasm and initiative to the workplace.
- Completed Diploma in Children Services (minimum) or hold an Early Childhood Teacher qualification
- Working with Children Check
- Experience working with children – minimum of 5 years
- Previous experience working as an Assistant Director or as a minimum a Room Leader
- Previous experience in providing Educational Leadership
- Sound knowledge of the Learning Frameworks and the National Quality Standards
- Proven ability to design and implement learning and leisure programs
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven ability to mentor staff and foster a strong team environment
- Proven people management skills including individual development, performance planning and review
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to undertake program administration
- Child Protection
- Bachelor of Early Years Education
- Computer literacy including knowledge of CCS software
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certification
- Current Driver’s License
- Permanent 38 hours week
- Above award conditions – salary level dependent on qualification and experience
- Professional learning opportunities offered
- Supportive management environment
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Have you completed a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care?
- Do you have experience planning and implementing education programs in an early learning environment?
- How many years’ experience do you have as an early childhood educator?
Please email your CV to email@example.com