Weldon Children’s Services is a not for profit organisation with an impressive history providing OOSH and Early years education services to children and families across Inner West Sydney. The organisation is experiencing a period of growth as we take on new services and reconfigure existing service delivery locations. This is an exciting time for Weldon and a great opportunity to join a team that is passionate and enthusiastic about creating environments for school age children where friendships flourish and that encourage exploration and learning. Building meaningful relationships is key to what we do. Our ethos is to work with families, local schools and other groups to build a great sense of community and belonging.
We are looking for professional educators that are able to support our programs on a casual basis across various locations within the Inner West of Sydney.
The successful candidates will be supported by quality-focused coordination and management teams and will be provided with opportunities for professional development where there is mutual benefit for the organisation and the individual.
The ideal candidates will have proven experience working within Children’s Services and/or OOSH programs and will have the ability to build relationships within the program teams, with families and key stakeholders. Ideally you will have knowledge of the NQF and an understanding of the NQS and the School Age Learning Framework, My Time, Our Place (OOSH positions) or the Early Years Learning Framework, Belonging, Being and Becoming (early years learning positions).
As the successful candidate you will be well presented, enjoy working as a team member and bring a high level of enthusiasm and initiative to the workplace.
- Cert III in Children Services, Cert IV OOSH or Diploma in Children’s Services (dependent on positions)
- Working with Children Check
- Experience working with children – minimum 1 year
- Knowledge of the learning frameworks and the National Quality Standards
- Proven ability to contribute to a strong team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional presentation
- Ability to work across various programs within different locations
- Computer literacy
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certification
- Child Protection
- Current Driver’s License
- Above award conditions – salary level dependent on qualification and experience
- Supportive coordination team and management environment