Weldon Children’s Services is a not for profit organisation with an impressive history providing OOSH services to children and families across Inner West Sydney. The organisation is experiencing a period of growth as we take on new services and reconfigure existing service delivery locations. This is an exciting time for Weldon and a great opportunity to join a Coordination Team that is passionate and enthusiastic about creating environments for school-age children where friendships flourish and that encourage exploration and learning. Building meaningful relationships is key to what we do. Our ethos is to work with families, local schools and other groups to build a great sense of community and belonging.
Our program assistant coordinators are responsible persons and enjoy being part of the leadership team. The successful candidate will be supported by a quality-focused coordination and management team and be responsible for supporting the day to day operations of a licenced OOSH program that has an opportunity for potential growth.
As the ideal candidate in addition to your proven experience in an OOSH program, you will have leadership and mentoring skills and the ability to build relationships with families and key stakeholders. Your sound knowledge of the NQF and understanding of the NQS and the Middle Years Learning Framework, My Time, Our Place will compliment and support the design and implementation of stimulating and engaging learning and leisure programs.
As the successful candidate you will be well presented, enjoy working as a team member and bring a high level of enthusiasm and initiative to the workplace.
- Completed Certificate IV or Diploma in Children Services, Outside School Hours Care, School Aged Education and Care (or equivalent )
- Working with Children Check
- Experience working with children – minimum 2 years
- Previous experience working as an Assistant Program Coordinator (preferred)
- Sound knowledge of My Time My Place and the National Quality Standards
- Proven ability to design and implement learning and leisure programs
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven ability to mentor staff and foster a strong team environment
- Proven people management skills including individual development, performance planning, and review
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to undertake program administration
- Computer literacy including knowledge of CCS software
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma certification
- Child Protection
- Current Driver’s License
- Permanent Part Time 30 hours week
- Above award conditions – salary level dependent on qualification and experience
- Professional learning opportunities offered
- Supportive management environment
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please email your CV to email@example.com